How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12467
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer is giving me promotion but only increasing my

Customer Question

My employer is giving me promotion but only increasing my pay by 500.00 and a lot more work. This does not seem right???
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not at this point.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are my options?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you.

I agree that this does not seem right. However, employers do not have any legal obligation to be fair. So, you cannot sue your employer for giving you more work with only a modest increase in pay. Doing this does not violate any law. Your options here are to accept the new terms of employment being offered to you, quit in favor of new work, or attempt to negotiate something better. It sounds like you are a valuable asset to your employer. They probably don't want to lose you and will likely be open to paying you more if you bring up your concerns in a polite and professional manner.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Were you able to view my answer to your question?