Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was recently demoted from my job very unfairly. I got a

Customer Question

I was recently demoted from my job very unfairly. I got a friend that ive been knowing for 50 years a job working with my employer. They were doing so many schedule changes that he called me out of the blue and said he quit. No notice or nothing. I sent him a personal text stating that he kinda made me look bad by just quitting like that. I also stated that in the future it might make it bad for others that i refer. He literaly abandoned the job. He goes into the office a month or so later and tells the office i sent him a nasty text message. I still have the message on my phone. I called into the office that same day and the lady Cynthia said that I was being demoted because of the nasty text message. I showed it to her and she talked rude to me as always. Its unfair because he is a personal friend, it was a personal message on my personal phone
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No and thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

was the reason discriminatory? are you asking about options to pursue claims?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I dont think it was descriminatory but I do know the that lady doesnt like me and it was unfair. How can you let someone who quit the job without notice and come in over 30 days later with a personal text message and they take my job. He is not an employee anymore
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will someone contact me over the phone?

If it is not discriminatory, then it becomes a matter of company policy. The company has a lot of discretion in employment decisions, but it also will not normally approve someone being treated unfairly, so you can complain to human resources or have a lawyer do so.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should I call the corporate office because right now there is no one working in Hr. She just quit

Yes, or have a lawyer do so locally!

Good luck. Kindly click on a 5 star rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What kind of lawyer should i speak to in this matter?

employment lawyer.

you can find local options on avvo.com, lawyers.com and findlaw.com

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is someone going to call me. Did I pay 38 dollars for only 5 responses

The price is for an answer. can I clarify or add anythign else? I am not set up for a call, and the question is in chat mode.