Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

A year ago I paid a employment agency a fee for a temporary

Customer Question
job with an employer and...
A year ago I paid a employment agency a fee for a temporary job with an employer and the fee was paid. A year later the same employer called me directly for future employment. If I get hired, does the employment agency have the right to collect another fee? I would not think so. What do you think? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

No they would not. Here employer contacted you directly, there should not be any fee you have no contract at t his point with the employment agency.Honestly employers often wait the time period so that there is no fee for them or you.You should not owe a fee here at this point at all to the employment agency.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck with the job.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer