How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an accident at work in march of this year, can i still

Customer Question

i had an accident at work in march of this year, can i still file a claim?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tx
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I no longer work for that company, but at the time I was a full time employee
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You can still have a claim. You have up to a year to file a claim. However, you are responsible for filing the report of the injury with your employer within 30 days of the injury or when you became aware that injury is work-related. Click here to file your claim.