Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I hired a lawyer to take my EOOC case. We had 2 weeks before

I hired a lawyer to take my EOOC case. We had 2 weeks before the 90 days. He advised me since the Tort was not filed that I did not have a case. Is this true?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: l live in NM
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed with EOOC and then went to see him. The attorney I had was not professional so I changed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He charged me 2500.00 to take my workman case and also fired him for that case. He has had it for 3 months and his advised me to use my personal insurance, which has cost me alot of money
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. I had filed an EOOC case. I hired an attorney, who told me since a tort was not filed. I would not be able to sue. We had 2 weeks, before the 90 days, would have ran out. He charged me 3200.00 and did not return the balance, he owed me 1800.00
2. I hired him for a workman case. The case has been in process for over a year. My original attorney, who was handling the case quit. The attorney I hired did not notify workman comp, he was representing me. His advise was to use my private insurance to get medical care; since workman comp was not providing care. Now, I have tons of medical bills; but he did nothing to assist me. Now he wants to charge me additional money for the W/C case.3. Can I take him to abritration for lack of professional work, and overcharging, for not following thru