How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I put an illegal immigrant to work for me on the books

This answer was rated:

Can I put an illegal immigrant to work for me on the books somehow? Can they get a tax I'd number for work purposes without a green card ? Citizenship

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the answer to both of your questions is NO. You cannot do that. If you are hiring undocumented workers, kindly note that you would be subject to stiff penalties if you are caught.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Phillips Esq. and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you