How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im being sued by a former employer for a false claim. how do

Customer Question

Im being sued by a former employer for a false claim. how do i fight it. I dont have any money, but their claim is false
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Fort Wayne, IN allen county
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Truck driving company in chicago. i was full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they forced me to resign in oct 2014
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

What are you being sued for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It doesn't day on notice. And I don't owe them any money
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its a guanishment order for 2500
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I left the company 3 years ago. just now getting noitice of this
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Doesn't make any sense
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

Has the garnishment been filed with he bank?