Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

When at a third step grievance, the employers attorneys are

Customer Question
involved, before the next step...
When at a third step grievance, the employers attorneys are involved, before the next step which is arbitration, do I withhold all information? Should I be prepared to answer questions about other candidates? This is for a promotion.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There have been 3 grievances filed, mine is one against the employee who gained the promotion, we are all at the third step.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been told by the LRS not to provide any information, however it seems that they have been settling grievances at the third step to avoid arbitration, so I just want to be prepared if I have to.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/10/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

There is no real benefit to withholding information. Generally, it is best to reveal whatever information and evidence you have to support your grievance so as to maintain the possibility of settlement/resolution.

I hope this helps. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is what I thought, they requested information before we went to the third step if I had anything to submit, and the LRS told me not to give them anything even though I gave it to him, so I was a little confused as to what would be correct.

I really don't know why they would say that. Providing the information sooner does not hurt you, it only helps you in that it makes it more likely the grievance will be resolved sooner.

Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

Is there anything else I can do for you before we wrap up?

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer