How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm not sure if this will make sense, but here is my

Customer Question

I'm not sure if this will make sense, but here is my question. I lived in Iowa until January of 2016, but I got an OWI in Iowa in December of 2015. Since then I have moved to Nebraska, and currently have residency, for my job. I am trying to get a work permit through the Iowa DOT. How can I do this since I do not live in Iowa anymore but have to serve out my suspension through Iowa?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You have U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency? This is a U.S. immigration question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
born and raised the U.S.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This doesn't concern immigration laws. I got an Operating While Intoxicated and my license was suspended.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Ok. I will opt out and transfer your question. Sorry for any delay.