Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have an employee benefits issue. They changed from a

I have an employee benefits...
I have an employee benefits issue. They changed from a pension plan to 401k accelerated plan. You had to be at the company for 5 years and be over 55. I was 2 months shy of the 5 years. My benefit was to go from 125% 401K match to 150% - would have gotten the 150% match in two months. I had been at the company for 3 years as a contractor prior and became a full time employee as a turnover. Since it took some time from the time I applied and then a few weeks to go through HR who wanted me to have a start date of July to be half a year - I missed out. Do I have a case to make? I am retiring soon and the difference in pension would be from $280/month to approximately $1400/month
11/10/2016
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Legally it is not really a position you could probably win in court on unless you have some evidence that they were doing this to retaliate against your or discriminate against you. The only possibility is that you could argue that the time they made you wait should be accounted for as employment. I might suggest getting a local attorney involved if that would not jeopardize your job.

If you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer