How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 16629
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had a employer promise us 4000 a month to move from Utah

Customer Question

We had a employer promise us 4000 a month to move from Utah to Oregon to work for them. I left a very stable and high paying job to come hear just to be told they can only give me 1200 a month. This has ruined me and my famity financialy and emotionally. We live where we work and are now dealing with strong emotional abuse, we are going back to Utah but we are now buried in debt and are not sure what we are going to do, do we have any recourse?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you have any type of a written employment contract with this employer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No just verbal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, without some type of written agreement which would guarantee employment and also the compensation, I am afraid that a verbal agreement would not be legally enforceable and unfortunately, there would not be any legal recourse in a similar situation.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Related Employment Law Questions