Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I just learn that an employee have been talking really bad

Customer Question

Hi, i just learn that an employee have been talking really bad stuff about me. I am in the type of industries where everyone knows you, Hospitality and we deal with Reps from all types of source that knows you by name. I had left a company she was fired from because i was offered a more lucrative opportunity within the hospitality industries...What she's saying about me and that i was fired from my previous employment does hurt me in this business and can even close doors in the future.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I find my self trying to explain to well known people in this industry that it wasn't the case.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: not sure what exact information you need?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What you are describing is defamation. The best course of action is typically to retain a local attorney to draft a cease and desist letter on your behalf, threatening to sue this individual for defamation unless they immediately stop making false statements about you. Since they have nothing to gain from talking about you and much to potentially lose from being sued, the cease and desist letter will very likely stop them from continuing to spread lies.

Many local attorneys will write cease and desist letters like this for a flat fee between $300-500. You can locate an attorney here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Was there anything else I can do for you?