Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

Looking for best way to proceed with harassment from

Customer Question

Looking for best way to proceed with harassment from neighbor and want to know if I have enough information to do anything worthwhile?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Can you tell me a little bit about what's going on? Thanks.

Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 8 months ago.

Minnesota revised statutes define the crime of harassment as the following :

(a) "Harassment" includes:

(1) a single incident of physical or sexual assault, a single incident of stalking under section 609.749, subdivision 2, clause (8), a single incident of nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual images under section 617.261, or repeated incidents of intrusive or unwanted acts, words, or gestures that have a substantial adverse effect or are intended to have a substantial adverse effect on the safety, security, or privacy of another, regardless of the relationship between the actor and the intended target.

The offense is a gross misdemeanor punished by a fine or a sentence for up to one year.

Related crimes can include stalking, battery and assault which carry felony sentences.

The District Court allows a petitioner to apply for a restraining order against the harasser. Once a restraining order is granted, it provides protection and a no-contact order is usually made. Breach of the order results in criminal contempt.

If you need more information please follow up.

On your petition for a RO you should include all the conduct that your neighbor instigates.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

I WORK FOR CREDITS

Attorney Bill

This is attorney Bill here following up with you on your question.

I see you haven't rated positively yet.

Do you require any more information ?

I'll be happy to assist if you do.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET REMUNERATED FOR A POSITIVE REPLY

BEST OF LUCK

Attorney Bill