Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Looking for best way to proceed with harassment from

Customer Question
neighbor and want to know...
Looking for best way to proceed with harassment from neighbor and want to know if I have enough information to do anything worthwhile?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/8/2016
Employment Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Can you tell me a little bit about what's going on? Thanks.

Employment Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Bill Attorney

Minnesota revised statutes define the crime of harassment as the following :

(a) "Harassment" includes:

(1) a single incident of physical or sexual assault, a single incident of stalking under section 609.749, subdivision 2, clause (8), a single incident of nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual images under section 617.261, or repeated incidents of intrusive or unwanted acts, words, or gestures that have a substantial adverse effect or are intended to have a substantial adverse effect on the safety, security, or privacy of another, regardless of the relationship between the actor and the intended target.

The offense is a gross misdemeanor punished by a fine or a sentence for up to one year.

Related crimes can include stalking, battery and assault which carry felony sentences.

The District Court allows a petitioner to apply for a restraining order against the harasser. Once a restraining order is granted, it provides protection and a no-contact order is usually made. Breach of the order results in criminal contempt.

If you need more information please follow up.

On your petition for a RO you should include all the conduct that your neighbor instigates.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

I WORK FOR CREDITS

Attorney Bill

This is attorney Bill here following up with you on your question.

I see you haven't rated positively yet.

Do you require any more information ?

I'll be happy to assist if you do.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET REMUNERATED FOR A POSITIVE REPLY

BEST OF LUCK

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer