How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118744
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an educator. I was recently evaluated by my immediate

Customer Question

I am an educator. I was recently evaluated by my immediate supervisor. I have had an adverse relationship with this person for three or more years. This year it is worse. My supervisor, per the process, was suppose to give me notice that he was evaluating me. He did not. He also chose to do the evaluation during a class I've been teaching for five weeks.
I am middle school special education teacher. I teach six grade math, eighth grade algebra and eighth physical science. I am 69 and plan to retire in the spring.
The result of the evaluation is that I was given 3 needs improvements.
What should I do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have a right to file a written dispute of your evaluation and explain each area you disagree with and state specific facts that prove why the evaluation is wrong. However, legally, under GA law, there is no process to actually legally appeal an evaluation. So all you can do under the current status of GA laws is file a written disagreement to the principal and actually provide facts and evidence to show the evaluator's statements are false or incorrect. This is truly your only legal recourse unless you are a union teacher and your union has a provision for appeal and in that case you have to pursue your appeal through your union process.
If you can prove that the supervisor is harassing you based ONLY because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, then this is grounds to file a complaint to the GA Commission on Equal Opportunity regarding unlawful discrimination and present them the evidence that this supervisor is doing this to you only because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.