Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I currently have two herniated discs in my back causing pain

Customer Question

I currently have two herniated discs in my back causing pain in lower back that runs down my leg. I was fired for using cbd oils and lotions, by failing a company drug test. I was working at a Les Schwab tires. Also I have a medical marijuana card.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Was I wrongfully terminated for using medical cbd lotions and oils. Showing a false positive in recent UA test?

Thank you for the information. Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience

Your Question:

Response: Yes, if you have medical marijuana card. So, you can file complaint with your state agency for disability discrimination. You cannot file this claim with federal agency, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission because the federal government still has not legalized the use of marijuana.

Goodluck with your case,