Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If an employee does not have access to a computer or other

Customer Question
Hi, if an employee does...
Hi, if an employee does not have access to a computer or other means of punching out for lunch and breaks, what do you advise so that the employer is not in trouble with any labor laws?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: N.Y.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full and part time at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/4/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I am located in NY and deal with this issue often. Here are some thoughts:

1. company may wish to get a software or time keeping program to keep precise track.

Otherwise, one can create a weekly sheet that an employee would sign in and out including for lunch and breaks.

Finally, company can simply keep track of one's time by having that assigned to someone who keeps track of arrival, exists, breaks etc.

The pay stubs can further reflect those hours.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

if I can clarify anything, reply and let me know

Infolawyer, Lawyer