How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The plant manager and another man whom I do not know were

Customer Question

the plant manager and another man whom I do not know were peeking in the stalls in the men's room looking for people sleeping. Who would I file a complaint with
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: virginia
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This is a clear invasion of privacy which would allow you to have a cause of action in a lawsuit against your employer. Basically, you would need to sue the employer for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Outside of the court system, there is really no one else you can report the conduct to unless you want to file a police report. The police may or may not investigate the crime, but rather might consider a civil matter that you need to pursue privately. You should try contacting an employment attorney in your area who can look at the facts of your case and determine whether it is worth it or not to bring the case.

In addition, you may want to speak with the HR department about the invasion of privacy if you want to get the issue resolved without involving the legal system.