Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is there a legal resignation notice period (time) for

Customer Question
georgia JA: Is the employment "at...
is there a legal resignation notice period (time) for georgia
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will I serve as ex. v p of corporation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really...I am Vice President of company in Georgia.. I am VP in title only Not an owner or corporation owner of company....Company is a Italian owned Deleware corp
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

There is no minimum amount of notice one must give here.It can be one day or two weeks.Honestly you are an employee at will they could terminate you immediately so by the same token if you need to leave tomorrow for a position you should do so.It has been my experience you give them two weeks but employer can then walk you out the door.So you decide when you are needing to leave for the other job here.Employee at will means just that under the law you are allowed to leave anytime here in Georgia.Two weeks is the max here and you can do less if needed.You never know if you will be asked to leave immediately or they honor the two weeks so decide here based on your needs for the nest job to start.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck on the new job.Congratulations.

Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

You are so welcome.Good luck with the job.

Ray, Employment lawyer