Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I work for Durham school bus in Iowa City and we pick

Customer Question

I work for Durham school bus in Iowa City and we pick according to seniority, I picked my route and was very happy with it. Then, due to overcrowding they dumped 22 new people on me without giving me a choice. I worked the morning shift and the person who worked the afternoons on my route had so much trouble with the new people he quit. I also had trouble and decided to quit. I spoke with the union rep and was told the company can do what they did and I had no recourse. Then, as I was also doing trips in the afternoon I lost my seniority there since I no longer worked the morning shift. Today I am going to leave the whole mess and quit entirely. I asked the union rep about help with a moniter and was told "they won't pay for that".
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately they can reassign shifts. The only thing i can think is that you should be able to file for unemployment benefits.

If you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.