Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I filed a complaint with Illinois Department of Human Rights

Customer Question
for discrimination due to a...
I filed a complaint with Illinois Department of Human Rights for discrimination due to a DEA laws my disability we had a fact-finding conference on March 8th 2016 it came back dismiss for lack of sufficient evidence I filed a request for review with the Human Rights Commission and the case is pending I no longer have a lawyer since filing the complaint I have going on medical leave which I have been on medical leave from my job for a year now and it doesn't look like I will be able to return to work should I hire another lawyer to go before that ministrator law judge for the request for review at the commission or can I do that myself or just what do I do I doubt if I would get any more money from my job I currently receive the correct disability payments monthly I just need some advice
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: We have a union at my job I work for the state of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services 4 time before going on medical leave
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just wanted to know is it worth pursuing this hiring another attorney I had an attorney and which I paid $5,000 and he wants more $10,000 I do not have is it worth pursuing this case
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
should you hire another attorney, yes, if you are pursuing a case for discrimination under the ADA it is not in your best interests to go up against a government employer without a local employment discrimination attorney. It is best if you want to pursue your justice that you hire the attorney as it significantly increases your chances of success in these cases.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney