Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

M name is cory and i am from utah, i was fired from my job

Customer Question

hi m name is ***** ***** i am from utah
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: i was fired from my job full time at will i guess but let me try to explain the circumstances and i was wondering if its discrimination
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: utah
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: me and a fellow coworker were asked to go take a drug test so we both did and i didnt do anything different than my coworker yet was still fired and he wasnt is that discrimination?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Cory,

I'm very sorry you were let go. Why do you believe you might have been treated differently than your coworker here? What do you think your employer's motivation was? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.