How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19651
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2016 Contract Violation Psychotherapist - LMFT State of MN

Customer Question

Hello - 2016
Contract Violation
Psychotherapist - LMFT State of MN
RCC has yet to pay me for my work performed.
My mother passed March 26
I was early termed from my "Independent Contractor" contract this past June. The renewal/term was expected July 1.
We ( business owner JR) had previously discussed a sabbatical ...
strangely and suddenly - w/o reason or rational explained - I was asked via voice and text msg to remove my belongings and put the keys on the desk on June 3.
I vacated my office over that weekend.I requested an exit meeting for closure the following week - received no response.
I would like payment and closure - what are the merits of the situation- if I may request from your professional consultation - for me to be most aware of?Sincerely,
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your mother.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties at work.

You must be paid for work performed pursuant to your contract. If you are not paid and depending on the amount, you can file a Small Claim for recovery of your pay. You can file this complaint at your local Courthouse. You can obtain Small Claim forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,