How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41016
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was fired from sheetz brothers kitchen on october 10. I

Customer Question

I was fired from sheetz brothers kitchen on october 10. I worked there since april of 2015. I wondered if I can collect umemployment
JA: Was the termination for alleged misconduct? Are you able and willing to start working immediately, and actively looking for work?
Customer: I am looking for work and yes it was misconduct I guess. I hit a man for getting very foul with my daughter at work.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was full time at sheetz
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, I am new at this
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You should file here for UI benefits.You may have a good explanation here if challenged.It is very possible the employer fails to respond and you get UI by default.By all means file here and see if you can get UI benefits .This will give you a chance to look for work and have the benefits here.It is in your interests to try and seek such benefits here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

Related Employment Law Questions