How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118306
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a person that was acused of touching the privates of a13

Customer Question

Good afternoon , I'm a person that was acused of touching the privates of a13 year old girl this wasn't proved but any way I ended up in a 4 year provation and a therapy , I also have to register as a sexual ofender , I was in diferent courses in order to obtain a job it took me more than ayear finally in july 28 I applied and they hire me in a Seniors recidence community , Oct. 8 they told me that I can work there because I have a police record I'm wondering how can I fight to keep this job
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In Lancaster PA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a 65 years old and I'm reciebing disability benefits in monthly basis but is not enough $ to survive thats why I need to work part time
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If it was not proved, how did you end up with probation and a sex offender registration? Did you plead guilty, if so why did you do so if it was not true?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I plead nolo contendere , but my attorney told me that everything is negotiated and I have to say it was true or I will go to jail for many years , Also in the probation I was told If I keep denaying they will put me in violation and will be send to jail thats the pressure and threats I was going through
I have my family and my wife and children and I didn't want to be sparated from them
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, the problem is a no lo plea is considered as a guilty plea and once you entered the plea you cannot vacate it or get it expunged as there is no provision in the law to do so. While your attorney made the deal for you, if they made a deal for avoiding jail but not considering future employment, I am sorry, but legally if you are a registered sex offender they must prohibit you from working with any "vulnerable adult or minor" and there is no exemption in the law. I am sorry, but the only possible chance is filing with the office of pardon and parole to ask for a pardon from the governor and those are not easily obtained.