How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 40975
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have work comp tial hearing this coming Tuesday. I'm

Customer Question

hi, I have work comp tial hearing this coming Tuesday. I'm experiencing pain ful post concussion syndromes and the insurance only offered me $2000..
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what u mean
JA: I hope not.
Customer: I don't have a lawyer I have been turned down several times
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Honestly you should seek additional medical care for your injuries.It is clear you are still suffering here and may need more time and treatment.I would try to reengage the doctor and delay settling.This doesn't seem adequate compensation since you may need more time off and treatment.You can reject their offer and seek more care and a higher settlement based on the additional treatment.

If you give me your state I can help with lawyer referral.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You may ask that the hearing be put off as you are still seeking counsel and having medical problems and require further treatment.You can write the comp hearings officer here and seek to delay this.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.Try to delay the matter so you can locate a lawyer and seek further treatment.The offer here seems way too low for your situation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello I live in Virginia thnk u so much
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cant afford this at present sorry
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

I will opt out.Good luck here.