Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

In South Carolina, if you test positive is there suppose to

Customer Question
In South Carolina, if you test...
In South Carolina,
if you test positive is there suppose to have a another test within 30 min?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2016
Employment Lawyer: Brandon M., Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law

Good day, my name is Brandon. When you say "test positive", do you mean for drugs/alcohol?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Drugs

Thank you. Would this relate to employee testing for a private employer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is a private employer

There are two types of employers: public employers and private employers. Public employers are government employers -- like a local, state, or federal government. Private employers are non-governmental entities.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Private employers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It looks like you're requesting telephone services. Is that the case?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you can
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If not that's ok

I'm now in a place where I could take a call. Before I do, however, I would like to hopefully save you some money by letting you know the direction I am leaning. I will be straightforward. Generally speaking, with a private employer, there is no obligation to allow the employee a second test 30 minutes after the first. IF there is a contractual agreement or a company policy requiring a second test, then the answer would be different, but normally, the employer doesn't have to give a second test. If you still feel that you would benefit from a phone call, let me know, but that's my straightforward answer to the original question.

I am offering the premium service now. If you no longer feel it is necessary, please feel free to leave a rating (it is how I am credited for answering). thanks.

Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law