How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 28316
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being accused of possession of drugs for distribution,

Customer Question

I am being accused of possession of drugs for distribution, i need my time sheets from my previous job to confirm that I was at work ten hours a day with only 2 days off. and would not have time to sell or do drugs.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I go to trial in January. My public defender doesnt think it matters, but i do.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

Have you requested these from your previous employer? If so, why will they not turn them over? Is that State claiming that they have evidence of your distributing and selling drugs when you were actually at work?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My lawyer has not requested them. I would like to though.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The drugs were not in my possession. They were in my daughter's room. Because she was not home at the time the apt. was raided they arrested me instead. Now they are trying to say either I allowed it to happen or I was the one doing it. The charges are equivalent to more than 10yrs in jail. I am new to this. I lost my job and after finding another job, the offer was rescinded after they saw that I have a pending court case in January.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

Thank you and please allow me a moment

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

This is something you can request and obtain, from your employer, as a former employee. If for some reason they do not provide them, then a court order can be obtained for them to be turned over and you can get them that way. If you feel that your attorney is NOT acting in your best interest or properly representing you, you can ask that they withdraw, if there is a conflict of interest and advise the Judge of the same, at your next hearing. The charges, as you are aware, are serious. If the work log/hours provide you with an alibi, showing that you were working at the time and could not have done or committed the crime which they alleged, then it is a defense to raise.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.