Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was charged with DWI in 2003 and it was dismissed and I

Customer Question
was susequently charged with reckless...
I was charged with DWI in 2003 and it was dismissed and I was susequently charged with reckless driving. I am series 7 listened and in the securities industry. My employer recently did background checks on everyone again and this came up but they simply gave me a date of arrest and location and asked me to retrieve the court documents and explain. There are two separate case numbers. One for the DWI that was dismissed and one for the reckless driving showing I was charged and convicted. Do I need to supply them with the documents of the DWI charge that was dismissed?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Texas. My employers home office is NY
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
10/20/2016
Employment Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The employer is doing the background check to comply with requirements established by FINRA. FINRA seeks information relating to potential criminal baclground regarding fraud or dishonesty.

The traffic violations should not affect your employment. Be forth coming and provide both the documents showing both the dismissal and the reckless driving charge. That should be the end of it for you.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer