Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was terminated from my job after nine years because I took

Customer Question
a couple of two dollar...
I was terminated from my job after nine years because I took a couple of two dollar stickers and I lied to them at first scared because I was on short term disability and was coming up on the six month time period and was consided for future employment. I came clean but they would not forgive and terminated as. My question is my boss has for the last two years having me work on his own personal stuff from home and told me to do it on company time and had me charge the company which i did and was told to lie to the corperate people.we are talking hundreds of dollars and hours I spent. Do I have a case they fire me for lieing but my boss has been telling me to lie on my time card. This is Duane mador. From faribault Minnesota
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

You can absolutely report what your boss asked you to do to HR and to corporate management. I'm sure they will not appreciate that your boss was using your time for personal purposes and not to benefit the company. However, this matter is completely separate from your termination. You would not be able to sue anyone because you were asked to work on assignments that were not work related, provided you were paid for your time. It would be up to your former employer to terminate or discipline your boss, which they may very well do, but you would not have a legal claim.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Was there anything else I can do for you?

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer