Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My nephew was suspended from his job for failure to pass a

drug screen. He was...
My nephew was suspended from his job for failure to pass a drug screen. He was injured on the job in May of 2015 and has been being hassled since then. He is working 12 hours days, six days a week with an injury that has put him in severe pain. His company has known since that time that the Doctor prescribed pain medication. He has a prescription on file with the drug screening company. Yesterday, they suspended him as he failed the drug screen due to the prescription medication. On the chain of custody form was his phone number, the phone number of Walgreens (where he took the drug test). Supposedly, the drug screening company lost the chain of custody form; however, they knew the screen was from him. They additionally lost of the copy of his prescription that they had on file. They are now threatening him that when he returns he will not get his scheduled vacation time. Does he have any recourse. If so, where? The attorney he is working with for his workers compensation has been ineffective in speeding up the process for him on getting his injury taken care of. We just got an MRI scheduled after a year and a half.
10/14/2016
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.

Please rate me 5 stars. thank you

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks
Infolawyer, Lawyer