How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 9914
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the law that prohibits creditors from suspending

Customer Question

what is the law that prohibits creditors from suspending driver licenses
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this;

however, there are only a few type of debts that will allow for suspension of license due to outstanding debt. uspended These types of debt include child support obligations, unpaid traffic tickets, and/or unpaid court fines. A private creditor is not able to suspend a driver's license, as that requires a debt owing to a federal or state agency. It is designed to encourage repayment.

Nexus is designed to expedite or speed up border crossing between the US and Canada. Please see here:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 months ago.

Checking to see how the above worked out for you.
If ou decide to hire an attorney:

Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:

Thank you for using JA!