How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After 22+ years with my company, they are closing my office

Customer Question

After 22+ years with my company, they are closing my office and eliminating my position. 2 years ago they offered a group of us a years salary for Voluntary Severance, which I didn't take. Now they are eliminating my position and only offering me 6 months salary. Another employee who was let go 2 months ago with only 5 years service and questionable circumstances I understand got 11 months. My former boss who retired with the Voluntary suggested I reach out to an attorney and my company has blocked us from using our ARAG plan for anything employment related. What can I do?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean by filed or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I have copies of both offers scanned if anyone needs to see them. And my last Performance Review was a high review that I was one of the few employees in my department to get a merit raise.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

do you think the company is seeking to remove you because of your age?

are you asking for options to pursue a claim and prepare for it?

I can offer that and suggest options for finding local counsel too. let me know