Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Im stage 4 cancer pt. im not sure what to do. I want to

Customer Question

Im stage 4 cancer pt. im not sure what to do. I want to leave it to my wife.Sounds hrd to do. Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon and thanks for using Just Answer. Sorry to hear about your health condition. I'd like to help you with some suggestion, but you did not provide much information. You said: "they don't seem to allow my wife to collect any". What does that mean? I will be going off-line in a few minutes and will be back after 10 PM this evening Eastern time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just seemed like they didnt give benifits to a spouse. I may be wrong. I just though i could take a lump some and put it in a seprate account I know she can access

What it seems like, may not be what the reality is. Before making any decisions, you really need to pin down exactly what rights you and your wife have to any benefits whether you take them now, or later. This type of benefit is always explained to employees in very clear detail, so be sure that you're talking to the right person in the company that you work for.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll try that

Thanks. Send me a reply tomorrow and let me know what you find out.