How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12604
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a random drug test I did give a sample it passed a

Customer Question

I had a random drug test I did give a sample it passed a drug test but it was 2ml short of DOT required valum I couldn't pee again it counted as a refusal I complied with further testing and passed and I was fired because I didn't pee enough quantity
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Iowa
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was working full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am currently using Daxfix lawyer to try to fix my records and that isn't a guarantee and I takes 6-9 weeks
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear you were let go. What is your question for me exactly?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I can receive unemployment benefits
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for clarifying. Yes you should qualify. In order to be denied your employer would have to prove misconduct and coming up slightly short on urine volume almost certainly would not rise to that level because it's impossible to show purposeful intent. I hope this answers your question. If I can clarify anything just let me know. Otherwise please kindly leave a positive rating so I may receive credit for my assistance. Best, Patrick.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Was there anything else I can do for you?

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

it seems like there is a technical issue that may be preventing us from communicating. Can you please let me know if you are getting my responses so I can forward this thread to technical support if necessary?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My account was charged numerous times and I read the charge for one question $5 than $33 which is ok for one question but my account reflects differently
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I certainly do apologize for that. I am just an attorney who answers questions here and I have no control over billing, so I will forward you to customer service who can help sort out the problem. In the mean time, did you have any further questions for me here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Okay, in that case I would very much appreciate if you would positively rate my service here by using the stars at the top of the page. This costs you nothing but is the only way that I actually receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much and I will go ahead and forward you to customer service.

Related Employment Law Questions