Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I work for an embassy as a deputy chief of mission

Customer Question

Hello
I work for an embassy as a deputy chief of mission assistant. My contract is signed as an administrative Assistant . I have been working for her for two years and we were on and off as she is difficult to deal with. Recently we both went on vacation and everything was ok before . On the second day of her coming to work she informed me that I am moving to another department due changes they have made and that I will work in this other department everyday for three hours and the rest hours I will need to come back to work with her until the new person they hired comes to replace . Anyway, I said ok as I have no power to change anything .She did not give me a paper saying that I will move to another department and now I found out that she may have changed her mind and wants to move me to work as a receptionist . Is that legal ? is there anything I can do since this is an embassy?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

Why do you believe you are being switched to a receptionist job?