Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am in MI. Recently my employer changed our method of pay

Customer Question
hello JA: Hello. How can we...
hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Good morning. I am in MI. Recently my employer changed our method of pay from picking our checks up from the office on payday, which was every other Saturday to now mailing our pay checks to our homes. No warning, just this is the new arrangement. Since then, our checks dome 2 to 4 days past our pay date. Is this legal?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Michigan
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will]
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just what was in the first message... thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
10/6/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

It is not. You need to be timely paid and notice needed to be given of any change

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the labor board. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer