Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was recently let go from a job I have for 7 years. I work

Customer Question
HI I was recently...
HI I was recently let go from a job I have for 7 years. I work as an ER nurse in middletown. My manager told me approx 8 months ago he had a handful of people he was looking to get rid of. All of us had been there over 5 years. He then started writing me up for not following policies. This policy has to do with medications. Because medications are given emerengly in out department the expectation to follow policy is 80%. His rule. Many of the other nurses do not follow this policy but I am the only one targeted. After I was let go my boss then called my neighbor, also a coworker, to come and check on me. I believe i was mistreated and don't i have a right to privacy?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is also female discrimination that occurs in this department.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
10/5/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Do you believe you were targeted for termination because of your gender? If not gender, then why? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Tina, Lawyer