How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56562
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have retired from the union active April 1st 2016, I have

Customer Question

I have retired from the union active April 1st 2016, I have yet to receive anything from my pension, they are wanting a qdro, I checked with the county and there is not one, they are telling me they are going to hold up to half of the moneys for up to 18 months, it has already been 6 months and I am wondering when I can expect my pension. I spoke with the lady in charge of this and she said I will receive a check for back pay from 4/1/16 and another check by the end of sept. as of yet I have nothing. What is my next move? Do I need to seek legal representation?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It was full time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to know what I can do.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

In this situation, I would suggest a lawyer letter demanding an immediate statement of your balance and prompt distribution, accompanied with a short deadline for compliance.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Kindly rate me five stars.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

thanks in advance.

Related Employment Law Questions