How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to find a conservator for my disabled son.Currently

Customer Question

I need to find a conservator for my disabled son.Currently he has one from the county and its not working out, Thank you
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Like forms for court or complaints?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, The facility he is currently in ,has repeatedly violated his civil rights so I was advised by patients rights to contact ADA, which I have done and have a phone app.with them, Mon am @ 10:00
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Under CA law, the conservatee or any of his or her relatives or friends may file a petition to ask the court to remove and replace the current conservator. If the conservatee makes the request and doesn’t have his or her own lawyer, a judge will appoint one to file a petition for the conservatee asking for removal of the conservator.

Here is the law.

Here is a sample form to use as a go-by.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Related Employment Law Questions