Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

Thanks so much for being there. :) I have a candidate who

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, thanks so much for being there.
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I am HR :) I have a candidate who already signed NonCompete/NonSolicitation Agreement and IP and Confidentiality agreement, and he now changed his mind and is not going to come to work for us. He wants a release from these agreements, and I was just looking for some language
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: no employment agreement.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: oh, I thought you were the lawyer ok thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

So that I'm clear, he never actually started to work for you?

Also, with what specific question can I assist?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that's correct, he never actually started working here. he signed a Non-Solicitation and Non-Competition Agreement that I'd like to write a complete release, and he signed an IP and Confidentiality Agreement that I'd like to write a release from the IP portions. I want the Confidentiality provisions to remain in place to cover anything that he learned before deciding not to come to work here.
Can you help me write those two things?

No, unfortunately we're not allowed to assist in preparing documents. I'll opt out and open it back up in case another expert has some kind of suggestion for you. No need to reply, this will automatically be placed in the queue for other experts.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

You can try to do this yourself by using this document as a go-by.

What you would want to do is attach a copy of the 2 agreements you mentioned and identify the clauses that you and he still agree to be bound by and list them as exceptions in the section that asks for the termination date. Other changes may have to be made at your discretion; but you get the gist.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.