Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If being audit by nysdol ui and they want bank statement but

Customer Question
ido not have the image...
if being audit by nysdol ui and they want bank statement but ido not have the image for o
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: one.year is it ok?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: restaurant business
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I think going back 1 year should be sufficient unless they have provided some range of dates.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they ask for statement since beginning but the business only start on april 2014

Then that should be sufficient. You just explain the business only came into existence in April of 2014.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have statement since beginning but the first year have no.image of check written is ok? and we sometimes withdraw.money from account but not.business purpose do we have to explain them as well?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why do they want to bank statement?

That should be sufficient but it will be up for them to determine. Have you asked your bank for help in tracking the records? I'm not sure why they want the bank statements probably just trying to see how you have been handling payroll and taxes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well we pay cash for employee could this be why?

Possibly. It's difficult to speculate what their motives might be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is not ok with the auditor what will happ
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
happen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
because paying in cash will not show up on bank statement as check or anything

Sure, but that's still a record. Why are they auditing you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
record?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have a accountant that take care of it for us. i just know it is the dol ui audit

record of your finances.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have record of filing tax for them and other things but our accountant took care of them technically its my father business he is just worried never happe to him before

I see. I think you should be ok. Provide them what you have and explain any basis for something you do not have.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
our accountant told us to write down what the check is written for if it does not show up on the statment if no image of the checks do you think it is ok

yes, that makes sense.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the worse came what would happen

They will ask for more records or allege you are hiding documents.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what other document can they ask?

Payroll records. Tax returns are the typical ones.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer