How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12479
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I apply for unemployment benefits from working in

Customer Question

If I apply for unemployment benefits from working in California and then move to Texas can I still collect unemployment benefits from California?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your additional question. Please do not forget to go back and rate my service to you on the previous question if you do not require any further clarification there.

To answer your question here, YES, an individual can typically continue to collect benefits in CA even if they subsequently move to another state provided they are continuing to look for new work and remain available to immediately accept new work, whether that work be in the claimant's new state or back in CA.

I hope this addresses your question. Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

Related Employment Law Questions