Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was a volunteer asst. coach for 4 years for girls youth

Customer Question
lacrosse. This summer I received...
I was a volunteer asst. coach for 4 years for girls youth lacrosse. This summer I received an email from our board staying I would be on a year suspension. I just had a meeting with a few members of the board to see if the would reconsider after getting a note from two coaches I use to coach with and a note from a mother of a child I coached. The board said they were sticking to their 1 year suspension because of the email they received from the head of the league Lynn giving me a warning. I can send you the emails from the board, our bylaws and the email from Lynn?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
10/4/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I'm sorry to hear that. What is the basis for the suspension?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This email-
As president I need to address any incidents that are reported to me. A few weeks ago I understand that the 5/6 coach from Pleasant Valley (I did not get a name) had an altercation with an official. After speaking with the board, we simply give a warning that if any further inappropriate sideline behavior occurs you may be asked to step down from your position.
Please keep in perspective this is a youth level sport.
Thank you,
Lynn--
Lynn Hardy
English 7
EAMS 7/8
Girls Lacrosse Coach
LVGYLL President
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't receive any warnings throughout the year saying I was doing anything wrong from PVYA(which is who I coach for) The LVGYLL is giving a warning but yet PVYA goes to suspension? I didn't get a yellow card or red card at the game in question. I'm not the only coach who has done something wrong. I didn't do anything to hurt or put the girls in jeopardy.

I would try to see if there is any internal appeals process. Unfortunately, I don't see a grounds to sue them unless you believe they are singling you out due to a race or gender issue.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer