Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a guy who made a claim on workmans comp. He states

Customer Question
his injury is on his...
i have a guy who made a claim on workmans comp. He states his injury is on his back and has been claiming for the past year. The insurance company contacted us saying now that he is going into surgery for it.He has had this problem way before working with us and he was doing minor work when he claims he hurt his back. What are our liabilities and should we fight this? He's always had back problem. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
10/3/2016
Employment Lawyer: hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources replied 1 year ago
hrpro37
hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for using JustAnswer! If you have already been paying bills for the injury, most likely you will be responsible for continuing to pay for it. However, your worker's compensation insurance should be advised that you believe the injury may have occurred prior to his employment with you.

Feel free to ask follow up questions if you would like and please don't forget to rate me so that I receive credit for addressing your question.

Thank you!

Amber

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what are the consequences and what happens if we fight it? thanks

If you fight it, the worst that happens is you lose and are responsible for any medical costs related to the injury.

hrpro37
hrpro37
hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources