Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Fired for workplace conduct after 2 mo. Was told I was

Customer Question

Fired for workplace conduct after 2 mo. Was told I was overqualified. Have a contract for 1 yr. Insurance canceled without notice before termination date even though It was taken out of paycheck. I am also owed $450.00 out of pocket expenses (have receipts ) for shipping items to isreal , where the company is based.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

When you say you have a contract for 1 year insurance, can you explain what you mean? Do you mean you signed a contract guaranteeing that your employer would provide insurance coverage for one full year? Was it conditioned on continuing to be employed? Also, was this a group health insurance plan with at least 20 employees on it? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.