Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Within the last 24 hours, I've found myself in a situation

Customer Question
with an employer. Short details...
Within the last 24 hours, I've found myself in a situation with an employer. Short details: I resigned a job I was on for 2.5 yrs to take a new position with another company. Left on great terms. With this new employer I signed a contract. I worked for this company for 3 days this week. They let me go yesterday and the only reason is because the employee that was going to train me unexpectedly quit on then Monday morning (I was just told yesterday). Because hiring me was based on working/trained by this person, they let me go. I was told this by the office manager over SKYPE in a less than a 5 minute conversation & told the COO would talk to me yesterday at 11:00 a.m. to give further details because "they are not cold hearted people and want to help me get my old job back". I told her because of the paperwork I signed leaving my former employer and just for the simple fact most employers would be wary to take an employee back that I didn't think this would work. Told her if it would great. I asked questions about being paid for this week and other questions I had so I could prepare about what to know to do about finances as a single parent. She would not answer questions and kept saying Jason, the COO, would go over all of it when he spoke with me. He is yet to contact me. I'm not one to sue or look for getting back at someone. I'm a single parent and now have no income, plus all kinds of other ramifications based on my trusting this company in hiring me. A friend of mine said I should contact a lawyer. Should I? Anything able to provide is appreciated. Thank you! Jennifer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer

Do you believe you were terminated because of race, gender, age, disability or religion?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. The reason given was "Chesley was suppose to train you and there is no one else here to do it. Us bringing someone new on was contingent to him. Since he left and there is no one to train you, our original plan is no longer in place."

Did you reject a job offer because of the job offer that was provided to you by the employer?

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer