How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41643
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently filed an EEOC charge against my former

Customer Question

I recently filed an EEOC charge against my former employer.They want me to meet with a third party consultant firm hired by their attorney to investigate the claim. Being that I 'm no longer employed with the organization, as of 09-26-16, I don't feel that I should be badgered to. I tried talking to them for years and they would not listen.
Additionally, I filed a Workers Compensation, the COO jerked the door that I was exiting and injured my shoulder. Does my WC end as of my last day or they still obligated financially? I was referred out to an orthopedic surgeon.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

These are two different issues here the meeting and the WC.

You are not required to meet with these folks here.It may not be in your interests to do so.Not sure why a consultant and what purpose of meeting is.Are they offering to mediate?You should give some thought as to what you want here, say a years wages or back pay and anything else.It is good to start high, they will start low and you meet in the middle.

Again you don't have to meet with them , I would clarify whether this is mediation/settlement discussion or what.If they aren't mediating declining here makes sense.You cold also consider your own lawyer to negotiate here as well.

Finally WC does not end until you are well here or permanently disabled.They may make you an offer to resolve the medical and resolution of wc payments as should not matter that you left employer they still have the claim to resolve here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

Related Employment Law Questions