Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am not being compensated properly for the work I perform

Customer Question
at Houston ISD. JA: Because employment...
I am not being compensated properly for the work I perform at Houston ISD.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The district overpaid several employees (not me). But they said that this put them in a bind. As a result my pay is being compromised until THOSE people pay the district back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking for options to prepare and pursue a claim?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to be fairly compensated for the amount that the district owes me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to know what my legal rights are.
Understood. I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office and labor board.You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will a copy of this transcript be emailed to me?

You can access it anytime, copy and paste, or both!

Have a wonderful day.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance, and if I can clarify anything, just reply and ask me.

Kindly let me know if the answer is acceptable, thank you.

Infolawyer, Lawyer