Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Maybe, In what's ways do you mean documented? And no but I

Customer Question
Maybe JA: Have you documented this...
Maybe
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: In what's ways do you mean documented? And no but I told other managers
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part time but work full-time hours
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I had problem with one manager and told them about it to others and nothing happens and also got hurt with a cut and a black eye and reported to the manager
But one walked away and the other just gave me a patch and wrap to cover it up on my own and this happen a year ago can still do something about it. There was a witnesses
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) What kind of problem was this, exactly? How did you get hurt?

3) What is your question? For example: "Can I sue the company for my injuries?"

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1. In California
2. I was on the E.P.J. "electrical pallet jack fork lift" to run out the shipment to freezer and color and there are these plastic flaps to hold the cold air inside and one was cut up at the time but couldn't see it or noticed it at the time because it was covered by other ones and when I was coming out it hooked my eye and cut deep on my eye lid just under the bone and was bleeding alot and one guy the was one the fork lift saw the whole thing.
3. Can I sue for my injury.
And can I also Sue for harassment if the manager kept on making me feel unwanted and making fun of.
Thank you.
Injury
The answer is possibly yes. If the company was not maintaining safety as required by OSHA regulations (www.osha.gov/law-regs.html) and/or California law (www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/dosh_publications/osha_userguide.pdf), and the injury was caused by those standards lacking, then the employee can hold the employer liable for said injuries.
Bullying
However, I am afraid being made to feel unwanted and/or made fun of - while unethical - is not illegal. An employer does not have to be "nice." They can be mean, provided it is not because of:
-PUBLIC POLICY (discrimination based on race, religion, creed, etc; or, a retaliatory termination due to a claim made by an employee); or
-CONTRACT POLICY (if one has a contract that disallows such a termination)
-COVENANT OF GOOD FAITH (firing an employee to avoid paying a benefit, for example)
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law