Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is it legal to work employees 50 hours per week and not pay

Customer Question
them overtime? JA: Because employment law...
is it legal to work employees 50 hours per week and not pay them overtime?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: west virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, when employees question it, they are told that because they pay twice a month, they can do that. I worked for the state for years and we got paid twice a month, but our ot was based on hours per wek
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: LawyerDavid, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Lawyer
Hello: my name is ***** ***** I will help you. Employees working more than 40 hours that are not on salary or contract employees meaning they are not full time they must be paid overtime. Here is a link to a good article on the law. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/federal-labor-law-hours-excess-40-per-week-59806.html
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Lawyer